• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crossover Steering, Done.

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Finally got it all wrapped up. Specs on it are a Tera High Steer knuckle. Tie Rod is 1.25" DOM, 3.75" wall, with 22 mm Currie HD ends. Drag Link is JKS 1.25" DOM, .375" wall, with WJ 24 mm ends. JKS OAB, with a shortened Rubicon HD Trac Bar, HD Bracket, and Brace. JKS/Currie SS mounts, with a OME SS. I realize it is under the knuckle. I had it over, but I just don't have the clearance for it. It's not a huge concern for me. I've never had a problem with the stock one, which is a tooth pick. If I ever kill it, with it under, I can always go to a bigger DOM. Angles are dead on, and it handles like it should.

Angle.jpg

31061ae5.jpg

Here is a OTK view. If UTK ever gets to be a problem. I can always redo my trac bar bracket, and ditch the sway bar to flip it all over.

d67f26de.jpg

got any closer pictures of the track bar mount and the passanger side knuckle?

91 Jeep Project said:
This is about as good as I have. I can go take one if you need it.

P6180071.jpg

That works ok. Is that a prefab'd trackbar mount or is that something you made? Also, do you have any issues with sway bar endlink clearance?

It's a JKS OAB Bracket, located under the Fab Parts section of their site. I did have issues with the new sway bar brackets. The path of the dralink was right through where the mount is. So I opted for some WJ ends to push it out. It's tight, but it clears.

P6290003.jpg

P6210073.jpg

Angle.jpg

Got to love the huge difference in the lengths of the panhard bar and drag link. Ideally they should be the same length to make the perfect parallelagram when the suspension flexes to eliminate all bump steer (can be challenging with full size coils and I have only seen one guy actually get it right but on coilovers).

How much bump steer are you noticing?

Last edited:
Back