• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

abs light and shifting

woodironman

NAXJA Forum User
i did a search and got some answers but not all. i took my 92 limited for a drive today first in about 2 weeks i am getting it ready to get it certified when i pulled out on the road the abs light came on the brakes work very well, is there a way to keep the light out remove a fuse or something like that. and second when going down the road it seemed to stay in low for along time around 3000rpm then shift, it did'nt do this before so i was just wondering where to start looking. btw it was warmed up. the trans was not slipping just not shifting. i also have to get it e tested as well so the shifting thing i need to fix. thanks mark

usually the tps is the culprit of a non-shifting tranny, and im sure you already checked the fluid and all that. also you could clean the NSS as I've read that has a lot to do with how the tranny knows gear the shift lever is in, so it could think you're in 1-2.

woodironman said:
i was reading some posts regarding ABS and some were removing the ABS relay if i were to do this will the ABS light stay on or not at all. thanks mark

Be careful with this - yours is a '92 so shouldn't have the Bendix system. I mention this because that particular system loses all brakes if the ABS fails or is disabled. '90 or '91 was the last year for it, but as I can't remember exactly which one it was I would strongly advise you to check before disabling the system.

Having said that, I disable the ABS on my 2000 by pulling the 40A fuse marked 'ABS Solenoid' in the PDC for off-road use. Yes, this causes the ABS light on the dash to illuminate. If you pull the relay, the light should go out, but I can't verify that this is 100% correct.

Back