• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ 4.0 into an XJ

themophead

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on putting a YJ 4.0 into a 94 XJ. I'm concerned about the radiator. I know the radiators are shaped differently between the 2 vehicles and I'm wondering if I can use the YJ motor and accessories with the original XJ radiator? If anyone could help me out on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Rob

yes YJ's didn't use the renix style motor.......they got he "new" 4.0L so they are fully interchangable.......currently i'm replacing my blown up 4.0 in my 95XJ with a 94grand cherokee 4.0L and other than the OBDII stuff, i could even swap them into my 97TJ.

use the YJ motor and anything that looks different stick with the XJ stuff.

Thanks for the quick response. I thought that was the case. Last time I swapped an engine I was able to find another Cherokee engine but this time the YJ one was just the right price and I wanted to verify it would work before I purchased it. Thanks again.

Rob

Back