• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Storing Herculiner

joecool

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know if this is the right place for this thread, so feel free to move it if necessary. I know the topic of using herculiner has been beat to death, but nobody ever mentions how to store it. I guess my problem is that this morning when I went to open can and the lid almost wouldnt come off. I am going to end up with a lot left over, so I want to know the best way to store this stuff, so I can open the can and use it down the road. Thanks in advance.
Later,
Joe

go to a hardware store buy a new paint can thats empty. herc will store again for ever, if the SEAL is tight. a quick tip to reseal is put a paper towl in the seal and remove the excess herc before putting the lid backon. my problem was i had to hammer the lid back on and it crushed the can and it wasn't a good seal.

giantsfan10 said:
go to a hardware store buy a new paint can thats empty. herc will store again for ever, if the SEAL is tight. a quick tip to reseal is put a paper towl in the seal and remove the excess herc before putting the lid backon. my problem was i had to hammer the lid back on and it crushed the can and it wasn't a good seal.

Agreed, exposure to air will evaporate the solvent. Try putting a piece of plastic wrap over the container opening before putting the top on. If your stock container lid is really beat up, get a new container because the plastic wrap won't fill the gaps and it'll still turn hard. I only had a little bit to save, so I bought a disposable rubbermaid screw top container and put the plastic wrap on before the lid. It's been sitting good for 1/2 year so far.

Thanks for the help guys! I went out today, bought a new paint can, and put the left over in there. Hopefully it will last now.

Back