• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question for you Baja Claw guys...

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok my dd sits nicely on 31's and gets wheeled, my last set of tires were loud as CRAP (louder than the 34 swampers on the trail rig). I was just wondering how the noise and ride quality was out of a radial claw.

I have 33" baja claws, and i dont think they are that loud imo. I've only had them for only 1000 miles though, but they only feel knobby just before you start and just after you start untill you get above about 5 mph. You can hear wind blowing past the wheels, but thats what you'll get with any M/T tire. But who cares how they are on the road, they look sick as hell haha.Hope this helps.

I used to run them when I had 31s and I loved them. They were fairly loud on the road though. I think they're louder than my 33" MTRs. Hopefully I wear these things out soon so I can get back to the Claws.

oo7ravisXJ said:
I have 33" baja claws, and i dont think they are that loud imo. I've only had them for only 1000 miles though, but they only feel knobby just before you start and just after you start untill you get above about 5 mph. You can hear wind blowing past the wheels, but thats what you'll get with any M/T tire. But who cares how they are on the road, they look sick as hell haha.Hope this helps.

the first couple weeks of having them, they are really knobby, i agree, youll def. notice a difference. after about 5-10 liek he said they get quiter.
i have 33s as well(going to 35s next week) and i think they are pretty quiet.
highway you can hear them but if you have you windows shut and maybe the radio, no prob.
trail, they are sweet. i find they hold up on rocks very nice, my friend jimmy was stuck on a rock and kept gunnin it, just smoke, no huge chunks out.
i like em.

like awesomeness.
the sidebiters are where its at.

even with low tread maybe even a close to bald tire, im pretty sure these sidebiters will help you out of the mud.

they are self cleaning too.
when you leave the trail or hit gravel,
they fling the mud out of them selfs,
sure mud goes everywhere and may smack you in the face, but hey, it a jeep!

u plan on runnin 31s again?

atreyuBLUEXJ said:
u plan on runnin 31s again?

i think u mean me.... yeh i do plan on keepin 31's, i'm gonna throw a 3 inch kit on top of the bb so it will flex pretty well and i'll keep the decent mileage, they are the same price as a bfg mud terrain too so i figured why not try something a little different. While the bigjeep has its axles out i'll have something capable to wheel in

Last edited:
atreyuBLUEXJ said:
id go mickey then. maybe 32s for a 5 inch lift IMO

yah i'd like to go 32's but i don't have the change for gearing or the gas, 31's have been workin real well on the long drive. also my buddy chris ran 31's on a 5 and it worked out real well for him so i think i am gonna end up lookin somethin like his jeep back when it was short
ETM3_00012.jpg

Back