• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

plugs, cap, rotor upgrades?

COXJ

NAXJA Member #989
time to replace the whole lot and was wondering what i should get to get a little more bang outat the 4.0l its a 98 and im at about 93 k miles. performance cap and rotor whos the best bang for the buck? as well as plugs?

WIll

OEM, the stock champions, stock cap and the Mopar High performance wires. Maybe both O2 sensors while you are at it.

is that realley all?

Wellllll, how deep are your pockets :D
TB spacer, headers, cat back, intake, bored TB, stroke it :D Hesco supercharger, tell me when to stop :D
The O2 sensors really seem to make a difference to some and at 180,000mi I guess I should do mine but I never run it for less than 30 minutes ever that I can remember and my milage is pretty well the same since I got it.
Oh, one other thing that does make a difference, try Mobil-1 engine oil or other synthetic.
For practical improvments Hella E code headlights with Xenon white bulbs. I have always had CIBIE's or Hellas and drove my sons YJ the other nite with his plain old headlights, he's getting an early xmas present this year. :D

picked up a set of champion truck plugs gonna go get mopar performance cap and rotor and check price on plug wires and o2 sencer. i already have 2.5in cat back as well as a rustys intake. i run 10-30 mobil 1 synthetic sence 72k run injector cleaner every1500ish. so hopefulley i can bump my mileage back over 15. and get that grunt and tire spinning low end it has lost back thanks

WIll

Got a new Speedo gear? Get one of those and see the MPG improvement:)

Back