• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for Write-ups, FAQs, ect.

XJ858

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I'm going to be picking up my first XJ tomorrow morning. I've been lurking on this forum for a couple months researching and trying to learn as much as I can.

My question is: does anyone know where XJ write-ups on common mods can be found? Searching is great and all, but every other auto forum I've been on has had links to write ups (usually with detailed pics) of the most common modifications. I was wondering if there is something here, or another site that any of you look at.

Specifically I am looking for info on swapping manual/auto trans, long arm lift installs, and rear disk break conversions. Now I know the search button brings up alot of info on this stuff (too much usually), but I have to pour through tons of threads until I can find something useful. Is there a better way to find a walkthough on procedures that hundreds of you have already done?

That question aside, I'm very happy to have discoverd this site, and I look forward to meeting you all at the next SoCal meet.

-Ben
San Diego

A FAQ section is in the works, but it's not done yet.

Some "essential" tech for doing your own work can be found at my own site (link in sig,) but it's all torque values and the like right now.

There are also a good batch of writeups out there, but they haven't been collected yet. Look for GoJeep's site, Dr. Dyno's site, and pillage around at jeepin.com and similar sites. Some Google work might also come in handy - if the "Cherokee" term gives too many results, switch it to XJ, or add XJ to filter.

If you have questions about a specific lift kit or mod, you might want to ask to see if it's been done already in Mod Tech - but at least you admit to searching! Having people like you actually trying to use the resources at hand saves considerable bandwidth and server space.

Welcome aboard, and hope to hear from you soon!

5-90

Thanks for that - my short-term memory is improving, and some of the details aren't there yet. Good thing I tend to write down anything important!

I've got to get a list of Jeep bookmarks going sometime tho - it will save trouble (and would make a good "links" page for my own site. Right now, it's just "What I do for fun" - with links to BOFH, Girl Genius, and The Whiteboard...)

5-90

Thats great guys, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Now all I have to do pick up the jeep and get it back to factory spec. And then the build can begin.

-Ben

Back