• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No low beams or fog lights...

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
After searching this issue, I figured it would be either the Headlight switch, the connector at the left headlight or the plug at the base of the column that was causing me to get high beams only. So I got a brand new shiny headlight switch in my jeep... and still no low beams or fog lights. I checked the plug at the base of the steering column and it looks like everything is ok... rod moves ok, plug is tight... The conector right near the Headlight looks/feels good. I put a teast light to the wires and there does not seem to be any juice getting there. Where should I look next? Hunting down this issue is driving me nuts! All other lights work normally.

87xj 4.0 aw4

I took the connector out of the plug on the column switch and hot wired the low beams and they worked, hot wired the hi's and they worked. For some reason the switch is switching out of high, but does not send power to the lows. I can hear it clicking, and the switch is not loose. All conectors look good with no corrosion. Any thoughts on a fix? How hard is it to remove the switch from the column?

I went and bought a new Dimmer switch, but I could only find the Floor mount style. I guess I'll add a little wire length and mount it to the floor... works for me. The new dimmer switch fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Jeremy

Since I "modified" my switch, I think this is the appropriate place for this... Thanks.

Back