• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welded diff and SYE

sheeks175

NAXJA Forum User
Hey. I have a xj I bought for super cheap.. $620. It runs, but not great. Anyways I'm waiting until summer for my better modifications. I'm getting new dana 44 axles out of a wagoneer. So as of now I want to weld my rear dana 35. The problem is I don't know what to weld! Im guessing its the spider gears inside the open diff right? Tell me what to do if you know. I was also wondering what a slip yoke eliminator is. I can't understand what it does for you besides prevent your drive shafts from falling out of the T case. Any info would be helpful. I am most likely welding the gears in a day or two. Thanks in advance.

sheeks175 said:
Hey. I have a xj I bought for super cheap.. $620. It runs, but not great. Anyways I'm waiting until summer for my better modifications. I'm getting new dana 44 axles out of a wagoneer. So as of now I want to weld my rear dana 35. The problem is I don't know what to weld! Im guessing its the spider gears inside the open diff right? Tell me what to do if you know. I was also wondering what a slip yoke eliminator is. I can't understand what it does for you besides prevent your drive shafts from falling out of the T case. Any info would be helpful. I am most likely welding the gears in a day or two. Thanks in advance.
No, no. Do not attempt to weld the dana 35. its a pos.
if you want to know how to truely weld a diff, a search would give that too you....

an sye gives you a fixed output so you can run a driveshaft with a constant velosicty joint.-which is a great improvement for d.s. angles over stock setup for lifted jeeps.

Back