• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Rear Bump Stops

You know what I need?

Some of those rubber floor mats. Ya know...the ones that trap all the dirt and crap?

-river

This guy must be a fudge packer! Eeeewwwwwww!
He want's some bumb stops!

:roflmao:

Ya might try posting in the wanted section there noob!

:jester:

Whatever this guy is just a plain dumbass! Geez!
He's a tard.

1993 Red XJ.......... that is such a gehy username. I mean c'mon!

He probably dosen't even know what "DO A SEARCH" means!!

I really wasn't trying to be rude. I don't believe I've ever said to anyone, "Do a search". I think that's rude. The thread just struck me as being funny. It was almost like it was a public service announcement. Now all we need is someone to chime in and say, "It's b/c of asshats like you that I'll never join this organization and continue to sponge informati...........blah blah blah." Terribly sorry.

1993 Red XJ
This is a great place to hang out and avoid actually working at your job. :) There is tons of information on here. Most of it good....unless you're in the den. Be more specific in your questions though cuz you really didn't ask one. I apologize for my complete lack of tact. There was a guy that posted about the EXACT same thing as you. Your solution (if factory bumpstops are what you seek) is to go junkin' or get replacements from the dealer. I'd go junkin' and pick up some for the price of a good 6 pack o suds.

-river

riverfever said:
This is a great place to hang out and avoid actually working at your job. :)
-river
Been spying on me again.

1993 Red XJ
Don't worry about this Haleyes guy he's a real :looser:.
I would check the local JY's first, then try the dealer. JIM.

Back to the original question: the bump stops are bolted on. Rusting apart is a common problem. Be careful getting the bolts out because if the Jeep is rusty they can shear off easily and you'll have to drill and retap the holes. Jeep gets too much money for these, but I've always gotten them at a local junkyard cheap. Usually the donors are sitting without axles, and you can just reach right in and get the stops, and who cares if you shear the bolts doing it? Try the boneyards first.

Or, if what you want is for someone here to sell you some, it might be better to phrase your question differently or put something in the classifieds. It's possible someone does have them if they replaced them for a lift.

Back