• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K&N Filter options

braeden

NAXJA Forum User
I have a lifted 2 door AW4, 231 with 32's and stock gearing. The engine is completely stock. I live at 8200 feet so I want to improve her "breathing". I want to throw rusty's intake kit on there. Is there any advantage to the bigger K&N filter as opposed to the standard size. It can get fairly dusty on trails up here, so I plan on using the dust cover; do they make one for the bigger filter?

So has anybody succesfully installed the bigger "hotrod" filter in an otherwise stock XJ engine bay? I really want this to be an easy install and not have to woryr about remounting shit.

Mine fit perfectly until later on I was trying to find a spot to mount onboard air. My buddy has the regular size filter that comes with the rustys kit and he has a lot of extra room in that area. If you have no plans for extras in that area I would recommend the larger one :)

The filter that Rusty was using for the smaller version is actually smaller than a K&N panel filter for the stock airbox. I would consider going bigger or going with the stock panel.

I run the K&N 33-2018 in my '92 street rig and the 9" conical in my '90 trail rig.

Back