• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case too low...

TortureTested

NAXJA Forum User
This might be something that sucks. Im a stay home father of 2 so on my end; my wallets anyway, (i could borrow the $$)
Question is that i have a good setup so far BUT i havent touched the T-case and thats the only thing that im worried about. I took some carnage at paragon a few weeks back. Now i wanna get the T-case up and flush so that i can finally put a skid plate there! Its the 242 with a 1" drop on it and its tilted. The axles are angled a few dedrees, and the front shaft has a cv joint in it so i may only need to get a new rear axle.

SO, how do i get that bad boy up and flush? The case is angled as well. I dont want vibes after and right now i cant afford ths SYU or driveshaft OR the labor??
It sucks because im afraid to go wheeling now untill that sucker is protected!!

So whats my options shere??

98XJSport said:
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=CM-200&Category_Code=xj_skid

Ive read good things about this, ill be going with it and getting rid of my 1" drop this summer. Pretty much your best option if not going SYE. And will work with skidplates, too.

So your saying get rid if the i" drop brackets and run an SYU will do the trick?? What about a CV rear axle?? Oh yeah, i have that crossmember you posted from rustys on there right now but it took a few hits and its sitting on the t-case right now!
This sucks, the t-case is the only low hanging object and also the most vital. Ive managed to clear alot of ground clearance and this is the last project!
Any MORE thoughts???

So you have a 1" drop xmember and 1" drop spacers on at the same time for 2" drop? Are you trying to get the tcase up to the stock position or higher up than that? If you go any higher than stock you will have problems both front and rear...

Back