• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Questions

93XJ-Sport

NAXJA Forum User
Me again, I need some help. What I wanna do with my Jeep Suspenion/Drivetrain is:
Rear Dana 44 (87-89 XJ)
Front Dana 44 (Dunno)
Custom 11" Lift with Rustys 9" Springs and JKS Adjustable Spacers
Rear Spring Conversion with Rustys 9" Springs
37" Tires
Dana 300 Transfer Case
Mopar 5.9L V8 Conversion (Grand Cherokee LTD, Dakota,Durango)
Grand Cherokee LTD, Dakota, or Durango Transmission

I want my XJ to be Huge, but also able to go out in the Rocks, not just the Mud. But Im 16, not really experienced with moding cars, my brothers are, but I am not. So should I do that, or go with a 4.5" Lift, maybe a budget boost, 33" or 35" Tires, and just beef up the engine and transmission?

Last edited:
man i hope u have the 10 grand or more to make it all work the way you want it to. i dunno how youd have that kinda money at 16 unless you can delve into your parents pockets a little bit

atx xj said:
man i hope u have the 10 grand or more to make it all work the way you want it to. i dunno how youd have that kinda money at 16 unless you can delve into your parents pockets a little bit

This is true. Research how much everything cost, add it up and double it. That will get you close to the true cost. My son just put Dana 44s on his YJ. Adding up the cost of the axles, tires, rims, gears, brakes, drive shafts, etc, he spent about $3,500 easy.

The cheapest way to get a nice rig is to buy someone else's baby. You can never get back what you put into them!

Back