• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what D60 or D44 to go with

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
pick a part is having a half off sale and im tired of bending D30s at $150 a pop i could have already put in a full width 44 or a 60. So thats what im gonna do now.

i have a set of 36" TSL SXs in my garage and i know a D44 can handle em, ive already got a 44 in the rear with an easy locker and 4.88s but on the front axle i dont know whether to go ahead and get a ford or waggy 44 or say screw breakin stuff and get the 78 Ford kingpin D60. I know a 44 will surfuce for my 36s but i know ill want to go to 38.5 SXs in the future for sure and who know mabey even some bigger meats down the road.

i wanna going full width with a Ford D60 and a 14 bolt rear. a kingpin 60 so steering will be easier to set up cause i know with a 44 ill have to get a flatop knuckle and drill n tap while the ford d60 is already flatop and ill have to do is ream it out for 1 ton rod ends.

i want easy of installation so i think the d60 is my best bet, im also doin a front leaf set up so does any of this sound right? is there anyone running a front 60 whos got some info for me? or am i crazy and should just get a waggy or ford 44 and forget about a 60.

ive read CRASHs write up and searched extensivly on Pirate and here on Naxja on this subject so i need some new direction, i live in 29 Palm CA and Johnson valley is right behind me all these trails out here are far too much for my 30 housing. which route should i go?

Plenty of kingpin 60's floating around the Pick and Pulls around here, so I say grab one of those.

you'd be lucky to find a Ford HP D44, let alone a D60. The only thing that's close to a sure thing is a Waggy D44, which isn't fullsize, and beware of the ones with the big vacuum aparatus on the diff cover. And any D44 is going to need alloy shafts and joints to hold up to 36" SXs in JV, and pretty good chance not even alloy stuff (or hubs) will hold up to 38.5" SXs.

BrettM said:
you'd be lucky to find a Ford HP D44, let alone a D60. The only thing that's close to a sure thing is a Waggy D44, which isn't fullsize, and beware of the ones with the big vacuum aparatus on the diff cover. And any D44 is going to need alloy shafts and joints to hold up to 36" SXs in JV, and pretty good chance not even alloy stuff (or hubs) will hold up to 38.5" SXs.

Warn hubs scream for mercy on 35's!

Back