• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welding on stiffeners, few questions

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Got some tube and split it in half a couple of years ago and am now just getting back to the project. Getting some dents in the rails showing they need the protection. Wil run this channel up to where the seam starts on the inner wall of the rails and go angle iron upto the LCA mounts.

Anyway, drilled holes for plugwelds and will be doin those. Along the top edge what did others to to get it welded there? Looks like beveling the walls of the tube might allow me to weld it better. Otherwise I don't think I can get he tip of the mig in there very well.

Second, the bolts for the crossmember are going to be to short. Is there a way to knock these out and put longer ones in? Dont see an easy way to fish some new ones in there. Other solutions?

DIdn't necessarily floow what you are doing, but the bolts for the cross member are actually studs. Unscrew them and replace with longer ones.

uniframe rail protection/stiffeners. Cut 4x6x1/4" tube to make channels to weld on.

Thanks on the reply on them being studs though.

bump

Back