• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have to do to be ready for SOCALFEST?

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I have a lot of plans for my rig this month and I wanted to see what you guys are doing.

For me, I just got my MT/R's on yesterday and picked up my ACOS. My 4.88 gears and lockers will be here Friday, as well as my 1.5" shackles. I will be tearing down the D44 and HP D30 on Friday to prepare them for install. If all goes well, I hope to have the axles in by no later than April 22nd. Then I will be driving all over the place to break things in before SOCALFEST.

What's on your list?

:repair: :repair:

rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

I have a lot of plans for my rig this month and I wanted to see what you guys are doing.

For me, I just got my MT/R's on yesterday and picked up my ACOS. My 4.88 gears and lockers will be here Friday, as well as my 1.5" shackles. I will be tearing down the D44 and HP D30 on Friday to prepare them for install. If all goes well, I hope to have the axles in by no later than April 22nd. Then I will be driving all over the place to break things in before SOCALFEST.

What's on your list?

Hmmm a must do or want to do? Must do, probably nothing (unless something breaks between now and then. Want to do? well.... beadlocks, 35's, an inch more lift in the rear.
Actually now that I think about it, I should finish my tire carrier to lock up top and come up with better latches for both sides (the screw design kind of sucks).

Not much really.

Rebuild transfer case and install SYE.
Firgure out rear driveshaft.
Gear and lock D30 and D44 (and aquire parts for 44).
Get tires.
Get shocks.
Put on TNT Y-Link kit.
Mate Lincoln discs to D44.

Hmm... kinda a lot there... Maybe I'll just stick with the other Jeep...
Replace rear axle.
Work out title.

rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

What's on your list?

hah!!! Robert I had no clue that you were so deep into the evil jeep world already. I remember one of the first times you had your pretty XJ at big bear and we ran Holcomb.

I'd hope to make it out there to see how you've improved and to see how your jeep has grown. 4.88's and 33's will be perfect btw.

-Scott

sintax said:
hah!!! Robert I had no clue that you were so deep into the evil jeep world already. I remember one of the first times you had your pretty XJ at big bear and we ran Holcomb.

I'd hope to make it out there to see how you've improved and to see how your jeep has grown. 4.88's and 33's will be perfect btw.

-Scott

Jeep world is very addictive!

That was a fun trip. The Jeep is a little different now. Can't wait for the gears.

You should come out. BTW, how's your junk?

First of all I need to get that damn rear end (8.25 with leafs attached) that Charles gave me off the roof rack!! I have not had anyone here to help me down load them yet. Maybe this afternoon.....
Other than that....I'm not sure if Ryan will have the time to put the 4:88's in the 30, but I hope to have the 44 done by then. I won't be installing the 44 until I have the 30 done.
What else....

Build another spare tie rod....
Raise the upper shock mounts for the rear...about 1.5" (will need to make an entire new tower)
It appears as though I have developed a steering box leak.....
Install the Sirius radio I won at the Jambo....wait...this is baseball season...install the XM sat. radio in the Jeep! :D
I don't think I need to do anything else....but as Remi says....unless I break something between now and then....
Rick R:sunshine:

Jump This said:
First of all I need to get that damn rear end (8.25 with leafs attached) that Charles gave me off the roof rack!! I have not had anyone here to help me down load them yet.
Unhook it, go forward and then stop suddendly ;)

sintax said:
... 4.88's and 33's will be perfect btw.

X2

As far as getting ready, all I have to do yet is get up there a few more times!

:D

I know, I know. I can't help it, I know it's bad, but I just can't.

roberts 8.25?
install my SYE
shim the rear
maybe raise the front an inch
regear front to match the rear end
rear tow points
mount cb
rock rails
bake cupcakes

will i make it? prolly not

cupcake

Cupcake said:
roberts 8.25?

will i make it? prolly not

cupcake

You have 1st dibs on the 8.25. I hope to have it out in about 2 weeks.

You should really try to make it up, even if just for the day. If your junk ain't ready, you can ride with someone.

lift the front 1"
lift the rear 1"
change steering box
earn the money to pay for the trip
last but not least, convince my better:loveu: half to let me go!

steagall9301 said:
lift the front 1"
lift the rear 1"
change steering box
earn the money to pay for the trip
last but not least, convince my better:loveu: half to let me go!

I will have some front spacers (stock) in about 2 weeks.

I may have some shackles as well.

Take your better half with you. I don't know if mine is coming up or not.

Disk conversion on the 44
alloys in the rear
760x joints with full circle clips on the front
re-adjust the caster on the TnT kit
re-adjust the track bar
replace pass side hub bearing
build cage for the spare part and tools in the back
get powertank refilled
Buy/build/borrow flatbed trailer to get it there.

I just need to put my front driveshaft back on. I've been driving w/o it for a couple of days and the ride is soooo nice and smooth.

xjohnnyc said:
I just need to put my front driveshaft back on. I've been driving w/o it for a couple of days and the ride is soooo nice and smooth.
Replace it or rebuild it then. I pulled my ghetto shop special out and put the junkyard one back in and man the ride is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smooth it's amazing.

Kejtar said:
Replace it or rebuild it then. I pulled my ghetto shop special out and put the junkyard one back in and man the ride is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smooth it's amazing.

I replaced the three DS u-joints. It's just a shame to put it back on when I don't need it. :)

Plus, I need to adjust the front pinion angle a bit. But that'll have to wait a couple of weekends.

Relocate Vaccum tank
Get front tow points
extend bumpstops(find some hockey pucks)
Dig up the $$$ to go

What are the trail ratings around big bear? Since I've never been, would 32s locked in the rear be ideal?

WTD? Not much for now.
1. replace TB tierod end and stock TB bracket
2. Fender Trim the front including bumper caps
3. replace grease fittings in rear shackles so I can f'in lube them up.
4. Start demo'ing the guest bedroom (eek)
5. Finish hallway flooring
6. Finish door trim in various rooms of the house
7. Finish baseboard

djblade311 said:
What are the trail ratings around big bear? Since I've never been, would 32s locked in the rear be ideal?

You will be fine. What's your lift? I have ran several trails in BB, including Holcomb Creek, John Bull, Gold Mtn, and more with 3" lift, 31's, no lockers. I do have lot's of armor underneath though. I am now at 5" lift, 33" tires and will be locked and geared front/rear for the event!

Back