• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intake manifild upgrade

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
ok this may have been stated before, but i thought that if it hasnt ..someone would appreciate this.

i was reading in one of the new jeep magazines that installing the intake manifold from a 99 or newer cherokee, sincee the design is less square and more like a bow it increases the flow to cylinders 1 and 6. it was said in the article that the increase could be from 10-25 hp however it was also showed with a larger throttle body but it is food for thought.. enjoy

MIke

I doubt 10-25, my guess 3-10. If I got one for free or near free I would install it, and only if I had the old manifold off for another reason. I would not go through all the work just for to put that manifold on.

K

the actual figure is 15hp, i believe. it's because they had to upgrade the emissions for the 99 4.0, and in the process lost a little power. the manifold was redesigned to get the power back up to what it was, and even pulled out a few more horses at the same time. check out http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoIntakeManifold1.htm, he's got the write up for it there. it should work for any 4.0 from 91-98, but the renix 87-90 use a differant manifold pattern.

ebay.. there is one right now complete with the stock throttle body for like 150.. did you read that link that was posted above.. all i kno is im going to get one sooner or later with a larger throttle body...thats just me

jayuu said:
i was hoping noone saw that so id be able to get one cheap off ebay. now everyone will be after them.

Doubtful...

old info...

Been a trick for stroker builds for at least 5 years now.

Back