• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Axle vent tube....

8dDUCE

NAXJA Forum User
I went out yesterday, got into some pretty deep mud/water. I checked the fluid in the axle housings, no water, so thats good. I did have water comming into the vehicle, shop vaced it out, and air dried the carpets, no biggy. BUT, I see the rear axle vent tube, it goes into the subframe, but where dose it go after that. Is it farther up in the subframe, or just end on the insde of the subframe?
I was supprised with open diffs, and stock trim, on how this vehicle performs. I am going to get a Locking diff, maybe a cone type like an Auburn, Any feed back on lockers. I know search, but I figured maybe two birds with one stone. My Cherokee is a 1997, mostly street driven, it's my D.D. I do plan on using it pretty hard on the weekends, so I am not afraid to sacrifice some hiway manners for better performance.
I am going to get some bumbers with recovery shackles, locker, then look at the OME kit, and run 30, or 31's. I figure that the bumpers, and locker would be the best to start. Thanks.

The C8.25 axle breather ends right at the frame rail...feel free to extend in the engine bay, or in the cab, or by the gas cap.

As for lockers, I prefer selectable (I use ARB, others OX) but they're expensive. Plenty of guys love full Detroits in the rear. Good cheaper 'lockers' include Aussie & Powertrax.

DR

Squared away, thanks guys. I am going to extend it out more (the rear vent). I am going to do some reasearch on those locker/diffs you guys mentioned. Scott.

Back