• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 1600 Adj. Trackbar

why not just get the hd one?

that is not a piece of shit. i have ran mine for a while and love it. i put on a lock washer and now very occasional tightening is all it needs. oh, it is for sale btw because i drastically changed my steering setup. pm me if you are interested in it.

POS... not necessarily but I agree... step up to the HD.... from Kevins, RE, Rustys...etc. You'll regret not doing it in the long run.

If you go with the HD trackbar and mount, be sure to get the cross bace also, I have not had to retighten my mount since I put one on

I have the RE1600 and 6.5" of lift. It's not long enough (so my axle is offset a little) and it maxes out at about 3" of droop.

It's only still on my jeep cuz I'm building a new front end with a WJ setup, and that will get a new trackbar when it goes in.

The RE1600 is not a great trackbar if you plan on doing alot of trail time. Get the HD with bracket and brace.

The 1600 isn't all that bad, oil the heim and keep the bolt tight and you will be fine for lighter duty applications (< 33's).

I wouldnt install it if you are planning to run at 6" of lift.

straight from the RE website for the RE1600

Correct alignment and handling problems on lifted vehicles with our adjustable chromoly track bar. Easy installation works on vehicles with 2.5" - 5.5" of lift. Allows for more wheel travel than the stock unit and features a replaceable rod end for easier future maintenance

and for the RE1660

Required for use with RE1665 bracket. Special design uses Super-Flex joint on one end for max articulation and durability. More length adjustability than other bars. For lifts between 4" - 6".

cherowagon said:
i am running 6" of lift and it works great for me.

Ditto here.

>100k miles, real world off road use and 6" of lift. Never a problem.

I think at 6" of lift on a tracbar designed to go up to 5.5" is that when fully drooped on the passengerside that you would maxout the heim and then it would be transferring the sress to the unibody frame rail, this is much like the sress the steering box puts on the unibody framerail with larger tires, just something to think about and mayby start looking to see if it is happening to those that think it's all honky dory to do and advise others to do

Also running the RE bracket and an aftermarket heim which is slightly longer in overall threaded length, both issues that mitigate the suggested lift max of 5.5".

At 6.5" of lift the RE trackbar wasn't long enough. Talked with RE about this and RE will not make them bigger that for a 5.5" lift. So I called Rusty's and found he will can make you a longer one for whatever amount lift your running. Just let him know you what it for at least 6" lift. With that much lift make sure you get the brace too. This will help keep the frame side mount from loosening up.

After trying both I like the RE one better. The RE jonnyjoint is smoother and doesn't make the occasional pop the Rusty's one does. However the RE one would make noise by smacking the pumpkin at full compression on the drivers side.

Back