• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've got 3,000 bucks to spend

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure if this is the right forum but whatever, so over the years ive managed to earn about 3,000 bucks to spend on my jeep (hard to do while 17 and in highschool). My 97 is lifted 3 inches (just bought the jeep, and came that way)and rollen on about 31's (really some weird metric system i dont understand) but i want to go bigger. I would really like to fit some BFG M/T 33/12.5 and mabe some bush wackers. And how much are 4.56's to have installed, maybe lockers? A chrysler 8.25 should be stong enough right? Ive been lookin at the RE 4.5 from jeepinoutfitters, do you think ill have enough $ to do everything associated with doing a lift like that, or what would you suggest i do with that money. -Thanks, Travis

Oh ya, im planing on doin most of the install myself cept for like the sye and gears probally.

Last edited:
oo7ravisXJ said:
Not sure if this is the right forum but whatever, so over the years ive managed to earn about 3,000 bucks to spend on my jeep (hard to do while 17 and in highschool). My 97 is lifted 3 inches (just bought jeep, and came that way)and rollen on about 31's (really some weird metric system i dont understand) but i want to go bigger. I would really like to fit some BFG M/T 33/12.5 and mabe some bush wackers. And how much are 4.56's to have installed on a chrysler 8.25, maybe lockers? Ive been lookin at the RE 4.5 from jeepinoutfitters, do you think ill have enough $ to do everything associated with doing a lift like that, or what would you suggest i do with that money. -Thanks, Travis

Oh ya, im planing on doin most of the install myself cept for like the sye and gears probally.
Holy crap!
What?:dunno:

oo7ravisXJ said:
Not sure if this is the right forum but whatever, so over the years ive managed to earn about 3,000 bucks to spend on my jeep (hard to do while 17 and in highschool). My 97 is lifted 3 inches (just bought jeep, and came that way)and rollen on about 31's (really some weird metric system i dont understand) but i want to go bigger. I would really like to fit some BFG M/T 33/12.5 and mabe some bush wackers. And how much are 4.56's to have installed on a chrysler 8.25, maybe lockers? Ive been lookin at the RE 4.5 from jeepinoutfitters, do you think ill have enough $ to do everything associated with doing a lift like that, or what would you suggest i do with that money. -Thanks, Travis

Yes

XJHummerRescue said:
Just a little note, if you plan on changing gears in the rear, you better do the front also, unless you never plan on using 4wd.
oya your right, forgot to mention the front

to go with a re lift your lookin at about 1000-1500 for the lift and shocks, tires about 700 rims about 200 for rock krawlers, gears about 400 bucks for front and rear and everywhere i have been wanted to charge 4-500 for installing the gears, then the sye and drive shaft is about 400. My advice would be to go to rustys offroad and look at his 4.5 kit with the full spring packs not aal. i think the kit is like 700 dollars i have been runnin this kit for a year now and i love it. buy some 15x8 black rock krawler rims and your bfg mudds. the sye and drive shaft will run about 400 get that from rustys too he has a pakage deal. rustys also has a set of gears for your axels dana 30, c8.25 and u can get the gears and master install kits for 400 dollars, as for lockers i think youll be happy with the setup without um, and the bushwackers i dunno really not a nesecaty but here is rustys site www.rustysoffroad.com

keep the same lift, buy the tires and the gears. save your money and dont buy the bushwackers. cut and bumpstop it to make them fit. buy spare front shafts, if you have a dana 35 get rid of it. cheap replacement such as a 8.25 or a dana 44 for a little more $. then figure out what to do with the rest of the money...

Ramsey said:
keep the same lift, buy the tires and the gears. save your money and dont buy the bushwackers. cut and bumpstop it to make them fit. buy spare front shafts, if you have a dana 35 get rid of it. cheap replacement such as a 8.25 or a dana 44 for a little more $. then figure out what to do with the rest of the money...
Good answer, good answer.

Ramsey said:

One of these is pretty cool too. This should be your first money spent.

Clicky

Haleyes said:
One of these is pretty cool too. This should be your first money spent.

Clicky
haha ya that "mod" is definatly up their on the to do list. But i heard you need to be 18 to be a member.

Ramsey said:

X2! with the rest, I'd say front and rear tow points, skids, and maybe a rear locker.

i agree with cherowagon...i mean save most of that but you can do some small things...trust me i am a broke college student...and i am gonna go more broke modding my jeep more...

Get some recovery points if you don't have them already. IE, front bumper w/ D-ring attachments, rear hitch or bumper....

This company sells some great products at a great price.
[url-http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc]JCROffroad[/url]

Spens 200 dollars on a lincoln 220 arc welder 50 bucks on and angle grinder and take a welding class for the summer semester.

With these two things you will be able to save thousands of dallars building your rig yourself and making your own repairs.

Once you learn to weld you can start with your sliders, then move to your bumpers with recovery points.
By then then possibilities are endless. you figure 300 for sliders 300 per bumper the savings are already going. you could even work on custom lift components.

Whiteys right, learn to do things yourself then you can charge your friends and neighbors for mods and have more money for your jeep!!

Also look at PORC, I just ordered a RE5.5 short arm lift. They are the cheapest around.

ponyracer1 said:
Whiteys right, learn to do things yourself then you can charge your friends and neighbors for mods and have more money for your jeep!!

Also look at PORC, I just ordered a RE5.5 short arm lift. They are the cheapest around.

What does porc stand for?

Back