• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would you get?

SIMPLE... regear, especially since you're already running 33's. Otherwise you're going to be spending more money real soon replacing what you break running 33'swith stock gears.

since your considering bushwackers im assuming that you have some rubbing going on with those 33s. I would trim your fenders real nice cause you can always put the BW over them in the future but that will help with the rubbing now which will let you put your money towards the regear. Remeber that you have a break in period with the new gears though so if its your daily driver you might have to alter plans till the gears break in.

ok, but remember that here in Venezuela cherokees came with d44 in fronts and rears (stocks gears) so considering that, yo think that I have to change it now to 456 gears? and where could i get good gears?

thanks

JulioCesar said:
ok, but remember that here in Venezuela cherokees came with d44 in fronts and rears (stocks gears) so considering that, yo think that I have to change it now to 456 gears? and where could i get good gears?

thanks

no shit, you get a D44 front and rear from the factory? thats sweet! Still, i would go with gears. I only have 31s, and i wish i had gears. After gears, i'd do bumper, then winch. Skip the bushwackers and snorkle. Get some TJ flares. TJ flares will cost you less than $100 probably, and they'll hold up a lot better than BW.

NCCherokee said:
no shit, you get a D44 front and rear from the factory? thats sweet! Still, i would go with gears. I only have 31s, and i wish i had gears. After gears, i'd do bumper, then winch. Skip the bushwackers and snorkle. Get some TJ flares. TJ flares will cost you less than $100 probably, and they'll hold up a lot better than BW.

yes we get d44 front and rear from factory, I will put pics. thanks for opinion gears looks like the best way to go. which gear you recomend me? wht brand?

I'd go have a good time at the titty bar.

My vote is for gears also, but I would go with 4.88s... As far as brand goes, I have several friends who have blown their yukon rings with only 33s so I would stay away from yukon ring and pinion... I have always been a fan of precision gears. I also agree about the flares... bushwackers crack way too easily... I would go TJ as well

Wow, I'm suprised no one has mentioned armor.
I assume you want to use it off-road as you want a winch.
That should save the body and tank.

Since you already bolted up a set of 33's, you really should do gears soon.

In the fist photo, there is something connected to the drivers side wheel dangling low that appears to be connected to to something on the pass side. Whatever it is, it doesn't look too straight. What is that?

well the snorkel is pretty damn important as well as gears, i'd like to have the satisfaction of knowing im not gonna lock my motor when im running through some mud/water pits. but gears are deff high priority as well, and bushwackers are nice looking, but deff not worth the dough in my book because of how easily they crack . get some rustys flares or something if u wanna use them

I am in the same position and I am donig my gears w/ lockers next week... :sunshine:

julio-did you read that last post, where i requested pics of these 44s? i still don't believe it. is it a low or high pinion front? is the rear triple gussets like the 87's or same as TJ???????????????????? : ) aslo i like that steering box skid- what is that?

Back