• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a southern so cal run ( short notice )

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
march 18 and 19 superstition Mtn just over the hill, meet up saturday morning and roll, set up camp and go for the runs and fun, bon fire, dinner and BS:bs: crash for the nite then a sunday run and back home before the fish need fed again? any takers?

i know JV is that weekend but on the tight budget and schedule this is an option that i am proposing to those who cant do JV for one reason or another ( like me, half a tank of fule there and back home and less than 2 hours away )

let me know, i missed TDS but i want to wheel, and so do you. so lets go

How about one week later? I'm going to be in Mexico that week (20-24) and was about to post wondering if any of you wanted to go wheeling somewhere in that area on the weekend of the 25-26. I've never been to Superstition or Borrego Springs so thought this could be a good opportunity.

Looks like I'll be wheeling somewhere that weekend.

Goatman said:
How about one week later? I'm going to be in Mexico that week (20-24) and was about to post wondering if any of you wanted to go wheeling somewhere in that area on the weekend of the 25-26. I've never been to Superstition or Borrego Springs so thought this could be a good opportunity.

I thought you were looking at JV for the weekend of the 25-26? That is if Paul's junk isn't ready for the Jamboree.

-Mike

I'm confused. Interested, but confused.

That's right, nothing much has changed.

where is this place?

Map?

is this where TDS was?

Ken

IMORTL said:
where is this place?

Map?

is this where TDS was?

Ken
i dont know how to link a map but it is on the most extreem south western area of the TDS area, if you are headed east on the 8 fwyas you reach the bottom of the borego mountains and you look to the left its the dunes and rocky area behind plaster city ( dry wall factory ) if you want you can PM me and i will call you or you can get my phone # and call me.

Mike L said:
I thought you were looking at JV for the weekend of the 25-26? That is if Paul's junk isn't ready for the Jamboree.

-Mike

I don't know where to go. I was thinking about a possible JV run when my Mexico trip got cancelled since I have Fri off that weekend. Now my Mexico trip is back on, only we're coming back Fri rather than Sun. That still leaves me with the weekend to go somewhere. The only reason that doing something way south is appealing is that I'll already be there, and I'd like to run by Mobi-Arc in San Diego on Monday and have them do some diagnostics on my Jeep and welder.

So, who knows. I have a week to figure it out.

If my junk is still working after the Jambo.....I'm up for a run out at Superstion....or Truckhaven.....or ........
Rick R
There is a killer rock garden out at Ocotillo Wells that needs to be worked
over too....and Goatman is just the guy to work it!
Rick R:sunshine:

ok, i have been trying to find the street names for the directions but i am having trouble with it, i will get directions out soon though i promise, dont give up, i am wheeling this next weekend, in the desert, saturday and sunday, AND I WILL HAVE FUN! so will you if you join us.

steagall9301 said:
ok, i have been trying to find the street names for the directions but i am having trouble with it, i will get directions out soon though i promise, dont give up, i am wheeling this next weekend, in the desert, saturday and sunday, AND I WILL HAVE FUN! so will you if you join us.

It depends on which direction your comming in.. I think....Forester Rd. runs along the east side then I think it's Imler Rd. to the west....
I believe this is it...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...d&state=CA&zipcode=92281&country=US&geodiff=1
Curt

ok, directions from san diego go east on the 8 to dunaway rd. and make a left and go to evan hewes hwy and make a right then you go to huff rd. and make a left and then follow it about 5 miles to wheeler rd and make a left and we will be in the flats out there, look for a silver f250 with a car trailer and my jeep ( here is a pick of it )
547708440107_0_BG.jpg

and a toyota 4 runner with an exo cage and several other rigs, i will try to have a cb setup and on ch3. if you want to you can pm me for more details

i will be going saturday morning early, if you are going on friday night let me know and we will meet up.

Goatman said:

you got your wish, we are postponing the trip one week due to the stotm and several other factors ( snow boarding injury to my buddys shifting arm ) and we were thinking along the lines of the area where TDS was held because i have never been there ( at least not in a 4X4, years at westmorland on dirt bikes though ) every one interested chime in please

My plans are still open. I'm crossing the border back from Mexico at Calexico on Friday, and I'm going somewhere. I have an invite to Panamint Valley, which I'd also like to do, but I'll already be close to where you're going.

We'll see. I have to decide soon, I'm leaving Sunday. Who else would go?

Goatman said:
who else would go?
so far it is a small list, myself, cracker ( mabi ), jeeperjohn (strong mabi), its-hud (strong mabi), my friend with a built toy 4runner a couple of his friends and with your help, many many more NAXJA members i mean you are the NAXJA event guy:laugh3:

OK, I'm in for sure. I'll be there Friday afternoon sometime and will be there the whole weekend. I'll be going to Mobi-Arc in northern San Diego Monday morning.

So, I've never been to Anza-Borrego or Truckhaven before, are you guys going to show me a good time? :)

Post up some directions if you can. I'm leaving Sunday afternoon for Mexico. I hear there is one Internet cafe in San Felipe, so I'll check in if I can, but it might not be possible.

steagall9301 said:
you got your wish, we are postponing the trip one week due to the stotm and several other factors ( snow boarding injury to my buddys shifting arm ) and we were thinking along the lines of the area where TDS was held because i have never been there ( at least not in a 4X4, years at westmorland on dirt bikes though ) every one interested chime in please

So the run is now planned for Truckhaven? or still down in the Superstitions? On the 25th.& 26th. ?
Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
So the run is now planned for Truckhaven? or still down in the Superstitions? On the 25th.& 26th. ?
Curt
Truckhaven ( if thats where TDS was held ) on the evening of the 24th, 25th, 26th, i have never been there, but my friend has been and i will need to get directions from him.

Back