• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP: front axle shakes

rockin'_phil

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday i was driving down the road and my front axle started shaking real bad. i thought it was a blow out at first but i didnt hear anything. it shakes horrificly almost to the point of loosing control. i checked and tightened all suspension components. It did it to me again today. im not sure if it is lack of changing control arms or tie rod. any help would be greatly appreciated.

89 with a 4"-4.5" lift with 33's. lift consists of 3 inch coils and 2 inch spacer. didint change control arms or tie rod.

Check TRE's, front hubs, control arm bushings, ball joints, track bar for slop and check torque on all of those item's bolts.

Look for cracked uniframe around all the mounts and the steering box area.

Look for wallowed out bolt holes on the track bar and control arms and their mounts.

Check caster -- spec is ~7 degrees, but somewhere between 5 and 8 degrees should be OK.

Back