• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring info thread.

Powerman

NAXJA Forum User
I have been doing a lot of research lately. A lot of people have pieced together their own packs. I cut the main leaf from a stock XJ pack for a AAL, and will probably do another to even things out when I change my front lift.

Here is the deal. I am interested in OEM packs, and would like to centralize some info. I had a quick look in the yard and plan on spending the day Friday researching. I want to find a suitable pack that will be soft and flexy and that will bolt right up (or added to the main leaf after cutting probably) and give lift. There are a lot of good donnor leaf packs that are spring under (for lift, arch), 2.5" wide from, half tons (meaning soft). Explorers, Mountaineers, MJs, Dakotas, Durangos?, Troopers, Rodeos, old Land Cruisers, Blazers, S-10s, just to name a few.

What is the length of a stock pack? How should it be measured? Eye to eye loaded or unloaded. How should arch be measured. Are there any packs that bolt right up, or whole packs that are bolted to the main XJ leaf? Where is the centering pin located? Centered or offset.

If you have any info I would love to have it. I will be adding my own Friday. If there are any good treads please link them. I have read a lot, but don't have time now. Goatman seems to be quite the expert on leaf springs. I'm sure he will chime in.

Maybe this will go no where, but let's see. My point isn't to start a debate between anything, but to gather info for DIY
leaf springs. Who knows, maybe we could come up with a standard, light or heavy duty, good riding, flexy spring for 3", 4.5", or 6"s of lift for under $50 from a yard. A set of packs from my U-Pull are $20 a pair. Why pay $300? Thanks

Hey id like to know this info as well. I'm still had press to pay 250 bucks for a 4.5 lift set if there just new packs from another vehicle. I have read about geting this pack and using this pack with this pack, but there has to be a set out there that'll fit into an XJ that'll give lift to it without rebuilding an entire pack.

Back