• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arriving On Saturday

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
What time should I show up (first trial run time)?

Looking like I will be finishing my axle swap tomorrow night and need to test it out on an easy/moderate trail first trail out.

BRIANHO13 said:
What time should I show up (first trial run time)?

Looking like I will be finishing my axle swap tomorrow night and need to test it out on an easy/moderate trail first trail out.
Want some really good free advice from a famous "night before" kind of guy?
After an axle swap, you'll want to thoroughly test all the little things that can go wrong BEFORE you get to the trails. Little things like brakes that don't work or a too-short driveshaft will keep you from wheeling at all if you don't discover them until you're at that first good obstacle. Make sure you drive the rig around on the street for a while and find whatever you can, ditch, loading ramp, etc., to get her twisted up a bit and verify that things work and details like brake lines, vent lines, U-bolt tightness, etc. are all good.
See you there!

What Rd said:
Want some really good free advice from a famous "night before" kind of guy?
After an axle swap, you'll want to thoroughly test all the little things that can go wrong BEFORE you get to the trails. Little things like brakes that don't work or a too-short driveshaft will keep you from wheeling at all if you don't discover them until you're at that first good obstacle. Make sure you drive the rig around on the street for a while and find whatever you can, ditch, loading ramp, etc., to get her twisted up a bit and verify that things work and details like brake lines, vent lines, U-bolt tightness, etc. are all good.
See you there!

Listen to this guy. He is the pro at "last minute adjustments"!

trust me LOL

Hopefully I will have everything bolted up tonight and give me the rest of the week to do final adjustments.

Back