• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attica this weekend, need tow hooks

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
We are going to Attica this weekend and I need tow hooks. I was hoping to get new front and rear bumpers by now but I haven't had the money yet, hopfuly before Moab. Are there any just tow hooks I can get and bolt to the frame? I dont care if I have to notch the bumpers they will be replaced soon anyway.

Thanks, Sean

seanR said:
Are there any just tow hooks I can get and bolt to the frame? I dont care if I have to notch the bumpers they will be replaced soon anyway.

No self respecting NAXJA member would ever recommend that you bolt your recovery hooks to the "frame". You will need brackets designed to mount the hooks and distribute the load, a hitch reciever or aftermarket bumpers designed to accept hooks.

Mounting them to the frame is both useless and dangerous to you and the others you wheel with. Do it right or ride shotgun with someone else.

Rusty's or Custom 4x4 -- kits are about the same, price is about the same. In your case, I'd shoose the one who can promise to get it to me overnight.

Figures a couple to 4 hours for install. The front bumper comes off, brackets go on, and bumper mounts to the brackets.

yup 80 bucks! thats like pocket change!!

stoney

My God............

What have you done to that beautiful XJ?
I hope that it is not permanent.
No offense to you, personally, but that thing is heinous.

I'm real curious to know what your design goals were for your front bumper. The shackles, of course, I recognize. But your treadplate top surface is only slightly smaller than the hood. Was there a purpose behind having it stick that far out that I'm missing?

Back