• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone need a good battery? I need a core

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am going to get a nice battery and just need a core to give. I currently have a good battery but since I am going 160amp HD alt, I figured I would get a battery to match pretty much.

I will give you my good condition battery for a core to turn in anyone is interested?

just thought I would help someone out if their battery is a POS....

where are you getting the alternator from, any links? When i have my music on, and the extra lights on, battery drops to like 12.5, 13 and i was thinking about getting another too.

does anyone know what the stock alternators put out at idle. The alternators you showed me on ebay only put out 70-80 amps at idle. If i recall the stock ones put out more but im not sure. And for some reason i dont see alternators for an 01.

etaniyani said:
does anyone know what the stock alternators put out at idle. The alternators you showed me on ebay only put out 70-80 amps at idle. If i recall the stock ones put out more but im not sure. And for some reason i dont see alternators for an 01.

For a '99 it is rated at 124A (quoted from FSM). I can pull an idle number if you want... it would take me about 5 minutes.

if its not too much trouble i would appreciate it. I know on mine it also says 124 amp, but im curious as to the idle amp output, because thats usually where i have my problem of the voltage going below 13. Thanks.

no matter what alt you get unless its a powermaster (I think) it will NOT help voltage at idle.

Stock output at adle is like 20-25amp I think. But it will be nice if he gets a true output from a stock one though.

gcurtis said:
For a fully charged battery (12.6+v), no accessories on and at low idle (warmed up), I'm pulling 39.4A.

is that what the alt is outputting? or is that what the elect system is pulling and needing?

if thats output then thats awesome!

ROBERTK said:
is that what the alt is outputting? or is that what the elect system is pulling and needing?

if thats output then thats awesome!

That is alt output.

That is at the battery cable just after starting, meaning the alt is boosting the charge on the battery since I just pulled amps from it to turn over the motor. I imagine if I drove it for a half hour and didn't shut it off, that number would drop some, but I've been pretty impressed with the Denso alt in that thing, even though they are a fortune at the dealer ($400-ish retail).

i just checked 4wheel parts to see if they had the powermaster alternator, but it only goes up to 99 xj's. he said the amps are 175/110. is that 110 at idle and 175 max? I have to find a company that makes high output alternators for a 2001.

gcurtis said:
You've been hit back channel... drop me a line, I might be able help both on battery and core as I own a battery company. ;)

I need some industrial D cells bought in packs of 200 for when the 2 stroke is down.

Got any?

gcurtis said:
What, your wife isn't satisfied with the ducking you give her?

I can get you some 6 volts in series... much better performance.

Can they handle heavy drains?

Back