• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zerk fitting in re hd tb hj?

mikeny

NAXJA Forum User
'bout to change it out for the fourth time in as many years and am considering drilling out for grease fittings, not only for spherical ball part, but also straight through to bolt attaching it to frame bracket.

The tap n' day is all lubed up, I want to try this first before dropping coin for a new tb and frame bracket. When I installed the re kit five years ago, I drilled out the factory frame bracket as per directions, that's why I think I just can't go to a tie rod end because of the oversized hole like others are doing.

This popping and excess play is sooooooo old, this'll fix it, no?

Thanks.

Save your time,then start saving your money.Buy the RE Extreme Duty trackbar and bracket.You might be able to find greaseable heims.Drilling the bolt wont do anything but cause a failure!

RCP,

Should have been clearer, I wasn't going to drill into or through the frame bracket bolt at all, just through the heim so the bolt shaft gets lubed too.

Why?Its not supposed to move anyway!

Back