• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door removal

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
to remove my side front passenger door,
can you disconnect the wiring somewhere from the door on inside of the jeep.
not sure where it is?
trying to fix hinges, and think be easier to remove door than whole fender and stuff.
any info is greatly! helpful

Whats wrong with the hinge...did the weld break? Mine did last year and I ran into the same problem. There wasn't enough room to get in there with welding gun. I think I tried removing the fender and still didn't have enough room to get where I needed to. I haven't removed the passenger but I'm sure it's the same as the drivers. Take out the kick panel (2 or 3 screws). The wire harness should all be back there and you'll be able to unplug it and then feed it through the hole in the A pillar. Those Torx bolts holding the hinges on suck. IIRC there wasn't enough room to get a socket in there either so I used a vise grips. I replaced mine with standard bolts. Hope this helps.

if you're going to be rewelding the hinges, i'd advise you to leave the door on. with the door on, the weld will be where it needs to be. with the door off there's a chance that the hinge may have the wrong angle, causing the door to jam instead of closing shut. it's better if you just take off your fender, much easier to do also.

thanks for the info! guys
i will start fixing the hinge this weekend.
hinge problem , is the reason i needed the info.

I always get great advice from everyone on here. You guys and this site have helped me fix alot of problems on the XJ easily! from your great advice and knowledge on xj's
Just want to thank everyone for supporting such a great site..

Tony

Back