• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long does it take to install a set of gears?

Depends on how many trys it takes to get the pattern right and if there are any other stubborn problems along the way....could take 2, could take 6.

Ask him to give you a quote!

I did my first set ever the past couple days and I would say I took about 4 hours to get it all done, I would bet it would take 2-3(maybe) if I were to do it again. This was one axle, and I am sure a pro could do it under 2.

thanks for the quick reply's . This guy is pretty good he has been doing it for 7 years years so i figure it should be done under 4 hours then.

install is pretty quick if you have the right tools but rember part of that time is taking everything off first so you can get the carier/pinion out 2hrs seems very quick.

bj-666 said:
install is pretty quick if you have the right tools but rember part of that time is taking everything off first so you can get the carier/pinion out 2hrs seems very quick.

This is so true, I did have the bare housing sitting on jackstands in the garage. Sorry I left that out.

Back