• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer paint....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Looking for the easyest cheapest way to protect the metal. I stripped the old wood off my trailer and want to paint it black. (It is red currently! :puke: ) What is the min I would need to do to get the paint to stick and stay for a few years? It is made of 2X6 channel and gettting in some to the crevices and corners is difficult with a wire wheel. Any sugestions would be appreciated. I have thought about getting some por-15 but dont knwo what all I would need to do for prep work. It is also not acailable arround here that I can find so far.

A coat of metal sealer would be a good idea. The main thing, use a good paint, one that takes a catalyst or a hardner.

hackedxj said:
A coat of metal sealer would be a good idea. The main thing, use a good paint, one that takes a catalyst or a hardner.

Right now I'm looking into POR-15... But how much would I need? How much square feet is on a piece of 2X6 channel?

Back