• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pan off...I got problems

Willis

NAXJA Forum User
Pulled the pan to do rear main and pan gasket. Here's what I found...the quarter is for size referance of course.

072403oilpanjunk.jpg

072403oilpanjunk2.jpg

072403oilpanjunk3.jpg

The crap in the plastic cup, and the 2 pieces in front of it came from the oil pump pickup. I am thinking this is chain guide material, the bent up metal piece is a bracket, and the aluminum piece next to it is probably from the timing cover. I am going to go start to tear into the timing cover. This really sucks!!!

Steve

145k.

Chain is off, and stretched out. The small aluminum piece holds the 'guide' in place. I may need a new timing cover. Heading to the dealership tomorrow to find out. What I call the guide, the dealership calls a snubber. It's a rubbery type guide that takes up slack as the chain streaches. Anyone recommend a good chain, or would a Napa set be ok?

I'm not going to pull my cover until after Moab.:eek:
Looks like you'll be riding with me after all.:D :(

I, of course, am hoping to not have to ride with you Dan. Though if need, I will. A friend loaned me his POS Honda while the XJ is down. It's in worse shape than your little Nissan, but gets me around.

Willis said:
I, of course, am hoping to not have to ride with you Dan. Though if need, I will. A friend loaned me his POS Honda while the XJ is down. It's in worse shape than your little Nissan, but gets me around.
One of these days I'm going to have to bullet into that Nissan's head. It just won't die.
As for riding with me, all you have to do is get here and buy your food. Everything is going to be covered.
Let me know how the XJ goes.
Dan.

Back