• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new cherokee

Mothertrucker said:
i also need to know how to post pic's??
Host your pics somewhere like http://photobucket.com , copy the link to the pic and paste it between these.....

ok i was thinking we could drop it 9" slap some crome spiners and hydralics or a 2" Bb and then shackles and leaf's in rear and 4" coils to get about 6" or so and 33"-35" rubbers for mud and trails not articulation what else ya'll recomend??or think i will need i want basic essencials ,not the offroad look..

what is the largest tire for the 5 spoke jeep wheel??

p.s.-i am friend to the sawzall so trimming will be no problem

Mothertrucker said:
ok i was thinking we could drop it 9" slap some crome spiners and hydralics
lol I was explaining how brakes worked to my 16 y.o. last night as we were working on the brakes of our '95 XJ we just picked up. The 7 y.o., that plays Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition on Xbox, listened to the conversation and took away that the Jeep has Hydraulics and was demanding that we make the Jeep bounce up and down. lol

Thats OK, I almost didn't correct you, because I didn't want to get into a discussion as to why my 2 girls were out helping me with our just acquired XJ, while the boy stayed inside to play Xbox.

No fears about his inclination though, his main goal life as this time is too become a Marine Corps Sniper.

but how is he gonna get to were he needs to be without a jeep??
at least your daughters wanna kno
my girlfriend looks at the jeep and ask tires before paint??
she is learning 1500 is 1/2 ton truck so it may take a while to teach her

Mothertrucker said:
but how is he gonna get to were he needs to be without a jeep??
LOL, excellent point, I'm going to use that one on him.

I'm NOT going to get anyone excited about off-roading, its a 2WD model that needs suspension and brake work. I've already told my teenager that our Mini-Van will do BETTER in the snow, and probably better off-road as well, I don't need a teenager trying to teach herself how to drive off-road in a street vehicle that needs some repairs and rebuilds.

BTW, I've got nothing against off roading, but honestly, I wanted a cheap vehicle with some size to it (for a new driver teenager to use), that used some of the older RWD technology that is easier to repair and keeps running much longer than the newer FWD stuff. I like the 4 cylinder that has an Iron head, how many FWD 4 cylinders (they all have aluminum heads) would last 200k miles and not need a new head or at least a headgasket job.

The 2WD Cherokee fit the bill very nicely.

sounds like a great first base model platform for learning my first truck was a 1970 chevy c-10 that had the 305ci i learned everything about that truck by taking it apart and putting it back together it was a basic truck

and you only need 4x4 if your serious about it and wanna use it not if your gonna putt around and go to the grocery store

Back