• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

browns camp closed!?!?!

afjeep2082

NAXJA Forum User
went to the beach and on my way home thought I would make a short trip over to browns camp and run a couple trails, to my amazement I found it closed! sayed due to weather conditions....what rain? rain makes mud, IMHO the BEST conditions! ugh oh well they had the stocker trail open right befor the gates, was able to get the jeep a little muddy atleast.

zxckvbh.jpg

Yeah but all that mud can cause serious errosion. I would rather see a trail closed a few months during the rainy winter than closed permanantly.

There is still a lot of TSF open. I know the crushers are open, most the bottom of archers firebreak is open, powerline is open, and a few other small trails. Nothing spectacular unless its snowing. There have been a lot of people wheeling Trask Mt out in TSF and finding a lot to play on.

The camp itself should be closed. I believe it opens again in March. I ran Powerline(its a short cut to get closer to firebreak), Firebreak 5(not archers) and then went and checked out crushers. We were going to run it but it was dark and we decided to wait till morning but an inch of snow in an hour killed those plans. That was Oct. 26th.
Alot of the trails are and have been closed down at TSF for maintence repairs. Portions of Hogs Back, Seven Up and others.

-Kevin

yeah browns is a mess...my cousin works there and he took me out on one of the decent trails...and several of the trails we saw were either just a huge river or tree's fell over...Oregon has gotten so much rain lately and doesn't show any signs of stopping which sucks because browns is one of the better places to wheel in Oregon...

Back