• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Underdrive/dual TC/regear setups...

Jeffro600

NAXJA Forum User
I see a decent market for XJ's and 4:1 or similar kits from companies like tera-flex or atlas, but in all honesty, that just doesnt give the crawl ratio to do serious rock crawling with a manual tranny without being semi-hard on the clutch. My pops has a marlin crawler setup in his yota with a crawl ratio of something like 150+:1....put it in first gear and it just idles over anything and there is no need to even think about the clutch on any obsticle. Thats what im after....even with a 4:1 kit and 4.56's that will put me roughly in the 65-70:1 range...decent, but with the manual tranny, id like something at least 100:1.

What are my options and whats the most cost effective ways to obtain something like this on an XJ?

Klune or 231 doubler mated to a 4:1 231/241 or Atlas.

Jeff - The more and more I look at this setup it appeals to me, you should give it a try and let me know how it works out for ya :D

Hurcules%20-%20OH%20from%20LT%20FT%20600.jpg

http://www.high-impact.net/transmission_and_gear/Klune-V_Bronco_D20_combo.htm

Lets see AX15/Klune V[4.0:1]/231/4.56's/33's = 189:1 in first gear/ 115:1 in second :)
-Will

Back