• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkel Question

wil4thril

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have an idea as to why a safari snorkel for a 96 cherokee is 120 bucks more than one for a 95 cherokee? I live in Iceland and getting around during the summer requires river crossings. Thanks.

will
99 XJ AW4/231 3" 31's and going higher

'washer bottle relocation'

That's it man, the washer bottle's in the way on the newer models and it has to be relocated. ARB's nice enough (yeah, ok) to include everything you need to relocate it, so they charge you for it.

All the Icelanders do run huge wide tires but no flex. Me, I just got here from the states and am working on leveling the playing field...ie...bigger tires, lift, etc...

will

i beleiev it has to do with the brackets and wiring required to relocate the windsheild washer bottle. Before 96 the washer bottle didn't interfer with the hose routing because it was under the hood next to the master cylinder. Yours is located in the fender right in the way of the hose.

Do a search but i think you find some information on how to relocate the washer bottle using 95- parts so you can save the 120 bucks.

Dingo

wil4thril said:
All the Icelanders do run huge wide tires but no flex. Me, I just got here from the states and am working on leveling the playing field...ie...bigger tires, lift, etc...

will
Ok Got it.
About the Snorkel I route the hose under the fender to the snorkel.

HotChiliRam said:
Ok Got it.
About the Snorkel I route the hose under the fender to the snorkel.
you mean you did not move the washer bottle, you jusr routed around it?

wil4thril said:
you mean you did not move the washer bottle, you jusr routed around it?

My Jeep is a 1990, I route the hose undes the fender, in between the inner fender well (plastic piece inside the fender) and the fender, Better I will take some pics and post them so you can see what I'm talking about, I´m kinda stupid today.

Pics would be awesome...thanks and I think I know where to find a 95 washer bottle.........(I wonder if my neighbor is asleep yet...hahaha)

wil4thril said:

will

How did u end up in Iceland ? Iceland has always seemed to be a intresting place to me.. :roll:

Ole' Uncle Sam sent me....well I asked and he was nice enough to oblige. And it is a VERY interesting place......

Here are the pics I promise:

This is the hose going from inside the engine compartment to the outside.

2171861_28_full.jpg

Here's where it reaches the Snorkel

2171861_29_full.jpg

Here's the Air Filter box with the new piece that route the hose to the outside

2171861_30_full.jpg

Here's how it looks inside.

2171861_31_full.jpg

Hope this helps

Back