• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racing Seats in the rear???

i thought of it, but i am very tight on time and money, having no job and getting my liscence in a week, i might end up doin somethin like that, even with just bucket seats :wave:

I'm sure it can be done. Regular buckets work in the back:

176300_70_full.jpg

Mambeu said:
I'm sure it can be done. Regular buckets work in the back:

anyone got a write up on this or more pictures

I believe Led was working on something along those lines a few years ago. Drop him a line and see if he has any thoughts about it still.

scorpio_vette said:
i was thinking about possibly doing something like that. how did you mount them???
In doing this installation, did you not loose the ability to fold down the rear seat and increase the size of the cargo compartment?

AZ Jeff said:
In doing this installation, did you not loose the ability to fold down the rear seat and increase the size of the cargo compartment?

I only installed one seat in the rear. Mainly for my kid in a car seat. Its bolted down through the floor in numerous places. And allows me to use the rest of the space for storage of trail stuff (action packers) This is in a 2DR.
RearSeat.jpg

RearSeat2.jpg

RearSeat3.jpg

does the horizontal bar that goes a cross the floor under the back seat(what the front of the rear bucket is bolted to)create support because I want my rear buckets to sit lower and will remove that if I can.

I will add a bar under the jeep from uni-rail to uni-rail if I have to.

littlebluexj said:
does the horizontal bar that goes a cross the floor under the back seat(what the front of the rear bucket is bolted to)create support because I want my rear buckets to sit lower and will remove that if I can.

I will add a bar under the jeep from uni-rail to uni-rail if I have to.
Not that simple
1. The horisontal bar needs to stay there or you need to make some sort of reinforcement to compensate for it's lack.
2. The problem isn't really the bar as much as the cargo area: look at all the pics of the seats installed in the rear. You wil notice that either the seat is high up or a fair amount forward. I played around with putting in front buckets in the rear and I had the buckets with the mounting base removed and I was still left with either moving the seat a fair amount forward or high up.

might want to look into MJ seat brackets. I believe that they are lower, but don't quote me on that.

87manche said:
might want to look into MJ seat brackets. I believe that they are lower, but don't quote me on that.
You guys are missing the picture... it's not an issue of the brackets, it's an issue of not having the room for legs if you want it lower (seat has to move forward) or having little head room if there is leg room.

I may be able to cut around 8 inchs out of the cargo area and bo a drop down from there like a backwards L.

With the seat mounted high for leg room would I hit the celling with my head im 5.11"

Back