• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing ABS on my 2000

Powerman

NAXJA Forum User
I will be swapping in a Isuzu 44 to replace my 35. I have ABS and while it's not so good in the dirt, I really like it in the snow.

First I won't have sensors so can I remove the whole ABS pump and everything. Will that mess up the computer. If I can't have ABS, then removing everthing out of the engine compartment would give more room. What is wrong with this idea? I will be replacing brakes prop valve and maybe master cylinder, so the brake system will be open.

Second, is it at all possible to keep my ABS. The Isuzu 44 has wierd shafts. They are 1.5" that still neck down to 30 spline. There is probably no way to get the tone ring on macined or not. I'm not even sure exactly where my ring is. The Isuzu 44 is on the diff. Any thoughts on this? Is it at all possible?

I pull my fuse now when I go off road. I know that will work, but like I said, if I can't have it, I want to remove it. Thanks for mentioning it. Why would I pull the relay?

Dirt Surfer said:
I pull my fuse now when I go off road. I know that will work, but like I said, if I can't have it, I want to remove it. Thanks for mentioning it. Why would I pull the relay?

Well it just disables it and the relay just insures that. Removing it wouldn't do anything more than reduce weight. Not worth the trouble unless someone's buying the parts IMO.

I'ts been a while, I forgot. I ususally wheel when the weater is nice. The fuse that runs the ABS also runs the heater fan. So than is not a permanent solution. I could just unplug the harness to the ABS and the computer would just see a failure. Doesn't anyone have any input??? On the brake question! he he

Back