• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Input on Dana 35C and an EZ locker?

Joe

NAXJA Member #887
Anybody,

Just need so input on how is my D35C going to hold up with 31's and an EZ locker? :roll: :roll:

Thanks,
Joe Rojas

Two words: Spare shafts!

That said, if you have an auto trans, it will be OK.

Remember, ALL Sierra chapter runs require D-35 users to carry spare shafts. The good news is, they are VERY cheap and easy to come by.

CRASH

Norcal xj has 35 and a powertrax no slip gone throught the con a couple of times. and tried the box over the weekend.(broke his steering not the safts)

[quote:ad2a19acb5="Stoney"]Norcal xj has 35 and a powertrax no slip gone throught the con a couple of times. and tried the box over the weekend.(broke his steering not the safts)[/quote:ad2a19acb5]

I don't understand what steering has to do with shafts?

With 31s and a Dana 35 You should be fine...just carry some extra shafts in case. :D

[quote:168386dcc0="Stoney"]Norcal xj has 35 and a powertrax no slip gone throught the con a couple of times. and tried the box over the weekend.(broke his steering not the safts)[/quote:168386dcc0]

Damn, do you guys break EVERY time you run? No more booty fab.

SeanP

At first, bootyfab is funny, then it just gets annoying.

Here's a hint: If you're breaking chit just going down the trail [size=24:6c941a0ce9]DON'T GET IN THE BOX[/size:6c941a0ce9].

How many drag links/tie rods is that now for the pre-pubescent faction?

CRASH

[quote:903bbb388a="CRASH"]

CRASH[/quote:903bbb388a]

its only been 3 draglinks in the last two months.

oh ya, the d35 will hold up locked with 31" tires.

[quote:1b92fe423c="norcalxj"][quote:1b92fe423c="CRASH"]

CRASH[/quote:1b92fe423c]

oh ya, the d35 will hold up locked with 31" tires.[/quote:1b92fe423c]

Hah ONLY 3. So you try the box knowing this. :lol:

[quote:80a3bc904d="norcalxj"][quote:80a3bc904d="CRASH"]

CRASH[/quote:80a3bc904d]

[/quote:80a3bc904d]

Hmmm... lets see, I've run Judgement Day, Predator, Axle Alley, and Woodpecker in Arizona, Metal Masher, Behind The Rocks, Pritchett Canyon, Hell's Revenge, Helldorado, and Proving Grounds(three times) in Utah, Fordyce Creek, Barrett lake Trail, Swamp Route, Bald mountain, and The Rubicon(three times) since April and I bent three tie rods.
Yep, I'm doing pretty good. :mrgreen:

Jes

jes one thing: 4.5 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Exactly! jes has had the foresight to NOT build his rig beyond the limits of his suspension and steering, yet he seems to go everywhere with ease.

Hmmmmmm.....makes you kinda wonder, huh?

CRASH

Back