• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver's side master switch problem?

RoggiesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
On my 2001 Cherokee, the driver's side master switch stopped working. No power windows, locks or mirrors work. The power lock still works from the passenger side, but the power window doesn't work. I've searched already, but I still don't know where start. I should tell you that the power lock switch on the drivers side stopped working, then the mirrors stopped working, now the windows don't work.

Could the master switch just taken a dump, or should I start looking for broken wires or a bad ground?

RoggiesXJ said:
Could the master switch just taken a dump, or should I start looking for broken wires or a bad ground?

Could be either one, but I'd suspect the connector (IIRC, there's only one, but it's late and I'm tired) that feeds the switches. Remove the armrest and interior door panel to get access to the wiring. Pull the connector(s), clean the contacts, and reconnect. This fixed a similar issue on both my 2001 Sport and 2000 Limited. Hopefully this'll work for you.

Back