• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie tranny question

Green98xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi im new on here after lurking around for few days. I was just wondering what people with a automatic tranny do when they lift there jeep.does lifting the jeep make the tranny go bananas?

I plan on putting either the re6300 kit or the full traction 6 in long arm kit!

Adding a suspension lift by itself won't affect the transmission...

Running larger tires without changing (lowering) the axle gear ratios will take away some utility of the overdrive gear.

ok my bad. im going to run 33's i have auto tranny is putting 33's going to affect when the transmission shifts because of the bigger tires.

are you putting on the bigger tires without changing gears? what t-case do you have?

with a lift upwards 5" you will need some sort of SYE.

o yea if you putting on the FT kit you auta go with 35's:laugh3:

i have np231 transfer case. yeah i know about the sye kit. still trying to decide beteen full traction 6 in or re 5.5 long arm...

The shift points of the transmission should not change - they're programmed into the control unit.

Since you've got an auto, it should be safe to say that you've got 3.54 gears in your axle - you'll be looking at going to about 4.56 or so, but I'd have to crunch numbers to be sure. Do you happen to know what size tyres you currently have?

5-90

Back