• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Converter???

Scrub2k

NAXJA Forum User
What would happen if the torque converter wasent installed all the way? someone (friends dad) told me that my whole problems were from my TQ not being on all the way.

It all bolted up perfectly and everything went together great? would i have been able to fully bolt the TQ to the plate and the Transmission to the motor if it wasent seated?

Scrub2k said:
What would happen if the torque converter wasent installed all the way? someone (friends dad) told me that my whole problems were from my TQ not being on all the way.

It all bolted up perfectly and everything went together great? would i have been able to fully bolt the TQ to the plate and the Transmission to the motor if it wasent seated?
Simple, you would not.
What is your problem?

the problem turned out to be that the PO of this jeep had taken out the fuse for the TCU so it was trying to start out in 4th gear.....the guy told me that it was "not going but not slipping" because my TQ wasent seated......i dident think he was correct but just wanted to make sure.

thanks

Back