• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems After Aw4 Swap

Scrub2k

NAXJA Forum User
ok over the past 2 days i've been swapping Aw4's between my 2 jeeps, the donor AW4 is known good and i drove it into the spot that it sits right now, the other aw4 was still drivable but slipping very bad, so we swapped out the tranns now the transmission is just fine and driveable in reverse, but not in Drive or any forward gear, it feels like it is starting out in like 3rd gear and there is a strange clicking sound only when im on the gas in drive.....

please any suggestions on where to start looking?????

Kick down cable pulled to tight? Did you flush and clean the tranny cooler? If not all of the crap that was jamming up the other tranny is now in the new one. Did you hook up every electrical plug?

kick down seems good, cleaned out the cooler as best we could do but it was pretty clean, all electrical plugs hooked up and seem to be working.

Back