• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temp gauge stopped working....

Jeffro600

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my plugs and wires last night and took it for a spin this morning only to find that my temp gauge stopped working...im thinking i knocked a wire loose or something, but i looked and didnt see anything loose. Where exactly is the sender and associated wiring on a 93 with a 4.0??

Not too sure on a 93' but on an 89' at the back of the cylinder head,drivers side...has a push on terminal....

red91inWA said:
in the thermostat housing. little brass thingy on the drivers side.
That's the one that sends data to the ECU. Doesn't work the temp gauge in a '93.

It's the one on the back, driver's side corner of the head. Check to see if the wire got knocked off. I don't recall which way it goes, but take the wire off and with the ignition on the gauge should spike to one side ... ground the wire directly to the block and the gauge should swing to the other extreme. If it doesn't do this, you have a wiring problem or a bad gauge.

Back