• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 speedo to 98 speedo

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
The 94 speedo plug is 3 wires and the 98 speedo is 2 wires: what goes were? Does anyone have the wire layout as to what signals a 94 XJ expecting on the 3 wires so that I can match them up to the signals coming out of the 2 wire speedo sender?

Thanks
Remi

Kejtar said:
The 94 speedo plug is 3 wires and the 98 speedo is 2 wires: what goes were? Does anyone have the wire layout as to what signals a 94 XJ expecting on the 3 wires so that I can match them up to the signals coming out of the 2 wire speedo sender?

Thanks
Remi
Just use the correct sender for the vehicle,you have both don,t you ? the gears are interchangeable,it,s just one bolt to pull it out.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
Just use the correct sender for the vehicle,you have both don,t you ? the gears are interchangeable,it,s just one bolt to pull it out.
Wayne
Actually I don't have the other sender any more so yeah I could get a replacement one from the junkyard, but if I can get this one to work it'd cost me less.

noone knows the pinout? I have an FSM for the 98, so I will be able to pull the wiring info out of that, but what about the 94? Does anyone have a 94FSM they look this up in?
Thanks

Back