• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinion on teraflex long-arm?

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
Looking into suspension systems and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the teraflex long arm kit. The price and heigth is right for me but then again i don't know anyone who is running this kit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

This little guy is your friend, Clicky Me

Personally, I would go with the TnT customs LA kit. The best in my book for clearence, or Claytons for strength. There all relitavely priced in the same neighborhood, + or - a few hundred.

There a many manafactures,
RE
TnT
Teraflex
Rustys
Claytons
RK
ect, ect, ect....

Look around and search for what is best for you and what you intend on using your Heep for.

Last edited:
I'm replacing my Tera LA with a TNT unit as soon as I can muster up the dough.

Sell it to ya cheap! :D

if ya want a good and complete long arm kit thn check out the full traction long arm.

shortxjdoug said:
Looking into suspension systems and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the teraflex long arm kit. The price and heigth is right for me but then again i don't know anyone who is running this kit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

They are fair but not spectacular. I am looking at the TNT myself for a tad better clearance.

I have not had any issues with them though.

check out rk's long arms at www.rockkrawler.com

if your interested, im running a special of 405 plus shipping for there long arm upgrade
pm if you are interested.

i think tnt is a decent kit but the price that they are getting i think needs to come down some or a lot. you can get the rk long arms for 405 and still buy there belly pan for 200 and your still 300+ cheaper than tnt. Plus in my opinion i think rk's arms and joints are stronger just look at the material difference. Rk's arms are 1.75 solid steel with 1 inch joints. Also though people will argue this, a 3 link will flex far better than a 4 link but thats pretty much personal preference. And actually its a 2 link with y arms or however you wanna call it lol lol

Matt

do you have a TnT kit???
matt6669 said:

if your interested, im running a special of 405 plus shipping for there long arm upgrade

i think tnt is a decent kit but the price that they are getting i think needs to come down some or a lot. you can get the rk long arms for 405 and still buy there belly pan for 200 and your still 300+ cheaper than tnt. Plus in my opinion i think rk's arms and joints are stronger just look at the material difference. Rk's arms are 1.75 solid steel with 1 inch joints. Also though people will argue this, a 3 link will flex far better than a 4 link but thats pretty much personal preference. And actually its a 2 link with y arms or however you wanna call it lol lol

Matt

matt6669 said:

Matt
Solid stock is not stronger than tubing. The rock krawler kit may flex well, but that's just as well as the tnt kit. A radius arm setup would be more secure anyway... if one of the links busts, just take it off and keep wheelin. If you bust one link on the rock krawler set up, enjoy trying to get home.

xjj33p3r said:
Solid stock is not stronger than tubing. The rock krawler kit may flex well, but that's just as well as the tnt kit. A radius arm setup would be more secure anyway... if one of the links busts, just take it off and keep wheelin. If you bust one link on the rock krawler set up, enjoy trying to get home.

Good point

For those of you who have the TNT, or Claytons for that matter, do you have bad unloading?

xjj33p3r said:

yep thats why i built mine with two uppers and remove the pass side upper when wheelin then replace it when on the street. i dont feel comfortable driving 65 mph with one upper

Back