• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window weather stripping stuff

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have no idea of th real name, but Im looking for the stuff that goes on the outside of the window that keeps water from the inside of the doors. Mine is gone and I need to know what to ask for.

Year model?

I am looking for the external seal (wiper type) that goes from the door to the window glass for the front doors on my 90 as well. I have yet to find a reasonably priced source as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 door MJ???? typo????

Um, he said "4 door doors" - I'm going to guess he's put doors from a 4-door XJ onto the MJ (which I'm not sure will work - seems to me they'd want 2-door doors...)

Looks like OEMR only - but there are a few pieces to look for, depending upon what you want.

Inner Wiper Seal - the wiper seal at the bottom of the window opening, inside.
Outer Wiper Seal - the wiper seal at the bottom of the window opening, outside
Window Seal - the "pinch" seal that goes around the window opening

The wiper seals all "squeeze" into grooves in the door shell, while the window seal proper pinches into the window opening in the doorframe.

I may be forgetting a couple other parts - if you have vent windows, the forward edge of the window glass fits into a separate seal that "pinches" into the vent window frame, and the rear edge of the window glass may go into a separate seal - but I don't have my OEMR catalogues handy to check...

5-90

Oh. The weatherstripping monikers are the same no matter what doors you're using, but you may want to specify which donor vehicle gave the doors (if you know it.)

Apart from that, since the weatherstripping can be removed without disassembling the door (generally,) it's not a bad idea to take the parts in with you when you go in.

5-90

Ok, looks like ive confused myself and others.

If you see a 2 door cherokee, the doors look huge, ive always assumed the doors were the same as cherokee 4 door doors.

When I had my door panels off they said "4 door" on them

I have the ooriginal doors on it, I was just saying "4 door doors" for people who didnt know what comanches had for doors.

The stuff is called, in most catalogs, beltline weather strip. I've had no luck searching either but gave up after awhile.

Thanks for the links Tim but I can't find the part listed at any of those sites.

I went back to my records and pulled this list out. Sorry I don't know who to credit

Front Door - Left
55235703 Weather stripping, Run Channel - top and rear = 22.55
55002337 Weather stripping, front channel attached to triangle vent frame = 63.00
55235409 Weather stripping, exterior wiper = 15.60

Front Door - Right
55235702 Weather stripping, Run Channel - top and rear = 34.70
55002337 Weather stripping, front channel attached to triangle vent frame = 63.00
55235408 Weather stripping, exterior wiper = 18.50

Rear Doors - Left
55235705 Weather stripping, Window frame = 59.50
4728933 Left Divider bar for back seat door = 55.25
55235404 Weather stripping, movable window exterior wiper = 18.50
55235405 Weather stripping, fixed window exterior wiper = N/A

Rear Door - right
55235704 Weather stripping, Window frame = 59.50
4728932 Right Divider bar for back seat door = 62.45
55235404 Weather stripping, movable window exterior wiper = 18.50
55235405 Weather stripping, fixed window exterior wiper = N/A

Last edited:
Go to http://allchryslerparts.com/
On the left side menu click on oem parts,
Go to (2) Search by Factory Part Number,
Select make JEEP,
Click on Multiple Part number Search,
Enter the Part Numbers,
The XJ factory Part Numbers are 55235703, etc, no spaces
30% discount off list prices, fast and cheap shipping.

Part Number Search Results : Collision Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
55235703 $22.35 $0.00 $15.41
Front door - Glass and hardware - Run channel
Run channel Left - 4 door station wagon 1984 - 1993

Add to Cart Contact Us

55235703 $22.35 $0.00 $15.41
Door - Glass and hardware - Run channel
Run channel Left - Pick up, 1984-92 1984 - 1992

Add to Cart Contact Us
Part Number Search Results : OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price