• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt y link set up?

kawijames

NAXJA Forum User
thoes of you who are running the y link what do you guys think of it. how much abuse will they take? think upper helldorada? what do you think about using it for a semi dd? have a great day

From what I hear and see, Tnt long arms are great, a little better ground clearence than others. But do a search on Claytons long arms, and see what they have. I believe that they have a no questions asked warranty, which others dont. And stay away from Rustys, their stuff is frowned upon by a good handful of people. Just my
2cents.gif

RE's LA setup has been out for quite some time. For what they want you are better off going with a TnT or Claytons for the radius or Y link. 3 arm is also a choice which is made by Rock Krawler. That's what I'm getting ready to throw on my Jeep though many people get scared of the thought of only one UCA.

I think the TnT kit is hands down the best radius arm kit. The FullTraction and Rock Krawler 3 links are appealing also, but they don't have as good of clearance with the lower links under the frame rail.

If you can't build something yourself, I would definitely go with the TnT.

i can't say enough about my TnT y-link, the on-road performance is awsome, and offroad is even better, the flex is great, Bob and all the guys at the shop are great to deal with, they'll do everything to help ya out, oh yeah, the built in bellypan is a +

This kit is really starting to look good...

I'm currently running Full-Traction's kit, but I've been hung up on more than one occasion on the LCA bracket, not to mention my stock crossmember is smashed like a tin can...

Is anyone running this kit with a HP44 front? When I swapped out my D30, I had to have the UCA of the FT kit bent to clear the pinion yolk of the D44 since it is longer and higher than the D30. How will a D44 front affect this kit? Anyone with first hand experience with that???

Contact Bob @TnT and he can help you out i'm sure. It may just be a matter of a custom bend in them that they are already prepared to do since yours i'm sure is not the first they have had to deal with when it comes to custom front axles.

pm fatwreck, i think he's running a hp44 front with this kit.

I haven't been able to try mine out just yet....but i finished the install today....all-n-all wasn't too bad...cutting the brackets wasn't nearly as bad as drilling the holes...atleast to me. The rest of the kit went together pretty easy...it looks bad ass, but i need a longer front driveshaft...went with larger coils to rid myself of spacers with my old ones and POOF too short...everything else looks awsome!

Has anyone done any serious steering mods? "high-steers" or ??? i think that will have to be my next project...is there a cheap kit or way for the D30 or should i just save up and order a D44? I still need to do something about the vacum disco anyways.....so ideas input....please... :wave:

fatwreck is running a low pinion 44 up front w/ this kit...

bob has a beefy HD steering system in the works-- unfortunately (for us) i think they're
currently sidetracked by the SWB jeep stuff they're doing now... maybe in the spring?!

terry

oops, i knew it was a 44, man, i could really use a good HD steering setup, do you have any more info on that??
MMIXJ said:
fatwreck is running a low pinion 44 up front w/ this kit...

bob has a beefy HD steering system in the works-- unfortunately (for us) i think they're
currently sidetracked by the SWB jeep stuff they're doing now... maybe in the spring?!

terry

Terry, can you pm with what your front shocks measure?

xjnation said:
TNT y link on an 01 with HP dana 60 and 7.5" lift

I'll give the guys a ring, but a HP60 is going to have a much longer and larger pinion than a HP44, so I'll assume that it'll work just fine.

Anyone have close up pics of the LCA mounting points and the entire t-case skid?

Perfect pics, exactly what I was looking for. Does TnT just sell the crossmember? I think I could adapt my Full-Traction arms to this same set-up using just the crossmember.

In looking at the web-site, it looks like they sell the crossmember, but are the LCA mounts attached?

Last edited:
Capt. Nemo said:
Perfect pics, exactly what I was looking for. Does TnT just sell the crossmember? I think I could adapt my Full-Traction arms to this same set-up using just the crossmember.

They used to, but not anymore. I think it was around $369 when they did. They still sell just the crossmember. But not with the mounts for the arms, which is what you are after.

91 Jeep Project said:
They used to, but not anymore. I think it was around $369 when they did. They still sell just the crossmember. But not with the mounts for the arms, which is what you are after.

they will still sell just the crossmember with the mounts for the arms, but will charge more for that. i can;t remember the exact amount, so give them a call

mack said:
i can't say enough about my TnT y-link, the on-road performance is awsome, and offroad is even better, the flex is great, Bob and all the guys at the shop are great to deal with, they'll do everything to help ya out, oh yeah, the built in bellypan is a +

Very well said... I don't think I've read one complaint from a user of TnTcustoms.com Y-Link. I love mine, extremely beefy, takes the abuse, and the customer service is outstanding !!! :cheers:

-Will

Back