• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP30 w/ 4.10

offroadzj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey. I posted a while ago, and I cant remember where it got moved to, so if they mods want to move this they can. Anyways, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a HP30 w/ 4.10 gears? Again, I would post in the WTB section, but I dont have enough posts, so I cant yet. I had one found, but it turns out that it had a bent axle tube, so the search continues. If anyone knows of one, or where I can get one, please let me know asap.
thanks

Kenny

Jeez
newbie.gif

A junkyard or a 'parting out' XJ is your best bet. What all do you plan on doing to your XJ ad HP30?

Your best bet is to find one, and do more to it than just add gears.

Dana 30 high pinion - reverse cut - 27 spline, 1.16" diameter shafts, 7.13" ring gear - used 84-99 (some axles through 91 are vacuum disconnect, 92+ are non-disconnect, 89-95 with ABS have 5-297x u-joints, all 95+ have 5-297x u-joints, all others have 5-260x u-joints)

3.07 - used with 4.0L engine / manual transmission
3.31 - only available on older (pre87?) 2 door XJs with "Fuel Economy" package
3.55 - used with 4.0L engine / automatic transmission
3.73 - found in some XJs with the towing package
4.10 - used with 2.5L engine usually, and older XJs with the "Off-Highway Vehicle" package.
4.56 - rare but can be found on some older (~ 89 ~) models with 2.5L engine and auto transmission

Info borrowed from somewhere else.

offroadzj said:
Hey. I posted a while ago, and I cant remember where it got moved to, so if they mods want to move this they can. Anyways, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a HP30 w/ 4.10 gears? Again, I would post in the WTB section, but I dont have enough posts, so I cant yet. I had one found, but it turns out that it had a bent axle tube, so the search continues. If anyone knows of one, or where I can get one, please let me know asap.
thanks

Kenny
by it anyhow.

swap the internals.

check the shaft on the bent side, make sure its in good shape.

Back