• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

[b]Big Boy Brakets?[/b]

herrhefler

NAXJA Forum User
Big Boy Brakets?

I'm interested in getting a 98 cherokee....but I'm finding the seats in the newer Cherokees dont have as much legroom, compaired to my ol' 93.

I've heard of a "big boy" brakets....where do I find em?
http://www.bigboybrackets.com/ ....is showing a forbbiden warning?

Last edited:
Re: Big Boy Brakets?

herrhefler said:
I'm interested in getting a 98 cherokee....but I'm finding the seats in the newer Cherokees dont have as much legroom, compaired to my ol' 93.

I've heard of a "big boy" brakets....where do I find em?
http://www.bigboybrackets.com/ ....is showing a forbbiden warning?

He is the only one making them that I know of. I picked up a couple of sets from him early in '05 and they made the biggest improvement for a tall guy... Seriously, one of the best mods I've done in the name of comfort.

This is the last email address I have for him:

[email protected]

This is first I have ever heard of these. I am a "Big Boy" I need new brackets. If anyone emails him and gets good info on these could you post it up? I would hate to bombard him with emails. Anyone know about what they run?

I just emailed him and Heard back. he no longer sells them. Said anothe company did but did not have the contact info. Anyone have a pic of these? i am very interested in them.

Dan

Stouttrout said:
I just emailed him and Heard back. he no longer sells them. Said anothe company did but did not have the contact info. Anyone have a pic of these? i am very interested in them.

Dan

I might be able to put together a couple of sets if I pull my seat out. If it is worthwhile (enough people interested and I can recoop my time/money) I'll pull it apart and make a few.

I remember ordering a set of those off of him, when he was selling them on ebay. Unfortunately for me I had to find out the hard way that they wouldnt work with the seats in my 94. Does anybody know of a set for pre-96?

Hmmm.... Doesn't seem like that would do us much good. i didn;t think the XJ and TJ had the same floor plan. Got another vendor? Maybe one for XJ brackets? Any got a pic of thiers installed or not?

As you can tell I am tired or riding with my knees hitting the dash.

I got 'em... they're awesome.... don't know why he stopped making them as all they are is two pieces of metal with holes relocated.... after I got them I kicked myself in the arse as I could have bought some iron and done it myself, that's how easy it would be to make some brackets....but whatever... I think they should have come standard just to emphasis how freakin' mandatory they are...ohhh and I'm only 5'11...

SOMEBODY SEND ME SOME PICS!!! Come on I'm Dyin' here :) Installed or not I don;t care. What size Iron? Thick?

[email protected]

Dan

Anyone have pics or specs for the brackets, or a link to somewhere else that sells them? My legs and knees would appreciate it.

No joke come on guys just one pic :)

A bit of info. Power seats have about two more inches of travel than the non power slider. Other than that it is easy to make your own. Pull your seats. Then remove the seat track from the bottom of the seat. Add a peice of flat sock to move the holes back then reassemble. Oncs you get the slider off the seat you'll see how to make to work.

Last edited:
i made some myself about 3 years ago. I am 6'4" 235lbs and made it so i can slide my drivers seat about 2 inches from touching the rear seat :laugh3:

Limo like leg room!

Its not hard, take out your passenger seat to mess with. Flip it over, remove the seat from the legs and slider mechanism, then bolt a steel plate to each side of the sliders mechanism rails. Then remount your seats on the new steel rails but move the new mounting position to your specs, 3 1/2" , 5 " whatever floats your boat. Basically if that is hard to imagine keep your legs stock. Their is no easy way to move the eat back keeping the stock stuff original, use the bolt studs from the sliding rails (they face up to the roof) to mount your new adapter plate. Then you mount your seats to said plate.

Gittr' done.

Back